Two families displaced in overnight SSL fire | News
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – Two units in a duplex were damaged in an overnight fire in South Salt Lake.
The fire started at around 1 a.m. at 560 East Millcreek Way (3500 South) when a garage in the duplex caught fire.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the garages and kitchens of both units, but damages are estimated at $120,000.
No one was injured in the fire. Two families were evacuated and the Red Cross is working to find them a place to stay.
“We were able to get everyone out of there no injuries, just really icy so we’ve had a few people who have tumbled, but other than that no fire injuries,” said South Salt Lake Dep. Fire Chief Kevin Bowman.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Upcoming Events near South Salt Lake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man who sculpted Angel Moroni statues for LDS temples has died
- Vehicle drives through wall, enters kitchen of Holladay home
- Class relocates Sunday school to include young girl recovering from leukemia
- Utah mother who allegedly took child unlawfully gets arrested in Washington
- Man in critical condition after auto-pedestrian accident
- Menorah allegedly vandalized during Hanukkah
- Police identify man killed after vehicle wrecks, catches fire on I-215
- Gift creates scholarships for single mothers, athletes at Westminster
- Electrical issue with bathroom fan cause of apartment fire, officials say
- Car veers over barrier on I-80, lands on its hood on road below